Our Umbrella question:
How can we create a makerspace for a school or public library?
Welcome to our makerspace learning community! We will build questions and answers together.
A first question might be: “What is a makerspace?”
On the right, you will see the plan for our experience together and below you will see a diagram of the design of this space.
- Get a quick overview of the topic.
- Develop questions you’d like to explore.
- Visit the Gallery where there are lots of topical modules for you to explore, discuss, and contribute your own ideas. Each module contains articles, videos, and references so you can sample what you’d like.
- At any time, you can visit the site blog for longer conversations with the author and others participating in this Physical Learning Commons (PLC) QuickMOOC.
- Having built your own understanding, you can proceed to the Workshop where you can create something yourself or with a group, or, you can exit the PLC QuickMOOC. You can also earn a badge or a certificate for professional development hours.
- Complete the Big Think about this experience.
- Stay in this community as long as you like!